Friday, June 5, 2009

Last full day in Angers

I'm sitting on the floor right now surrounded by my mostly packed back. Its amazing how much stuff I have acquired over my 4 month sejour in France. I even found the cork from the first bottle of wine I bought. During these past four months I have learned a lot, and I do not regret a single minute that I have been here. I was able to experience 5 different countries but also get to know France, the country that I've been dreaming of since I was a little girl a heck of a lot better.

Angers had become my home. Not just a place for me to keep my things, but some place that I felt comfortable, safe. And me memories I have made are irreplacable. Today I bought flowers for my host mom and she loved them. Just something as simple as that has made me overwhelmingly happy. I even got invited to one last meal; lunch tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure its not under my program, but out of the generocity of my host family's heart. Especially within the last month or so I've gotten really close to my host family. I've been playing badmitton with Quentin and conversing as if I was a part of the family.

This makes me realize how lucky I am. Not only do have have good friends from my stay in France, but I'm also thankful for the friends I have back home that even though I wasn't there, didn't forget me. I am so thankful to my parents for giving me this fantastic opportunity, not only to discover a whole new world, but myself too. I know that I"m capable of so much more than I have given myself credit for. And I have my boyfriend to thank. Four months apart in a relationship is hard enough as it is, but when we had to go for days sometimes without talking he still stood by me and I to him. Our relationship is stronger because of it. And my relationship with my family and friends is too.

So pretty much the Angers chapter is almost complete and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment