Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cooking Class, Romania?, and Soiree International

The past week or so has been a pretty busy one. Last week was my second to last full week of classes! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! It seems like I just got here....wow.

Last Friday, I went over to Piper's house to meet her and Emma so we would make some dinner. The minute I reached the doord, Piper answered and asked "How do you feel about going to Romania for our 4 day weekend?" So Romania it is this weekend. I leave tomorrow. After a few little problems with booking we are flying into Bucharest (the capital) and will leave on Monday. A nice little 4 day trip! I couldn't be even more excited! I think it is going to be really interesting to see an eastern European country. Romania has been in the European Union since 2007, but their economy is still not up to par, so they don't have the euro yet. Which is good for us, because things will be quite inexpensive. Its ironic though, because my french host family lived in Romania for a few years, so they were excited for me to go!

Last saturday I went to a cooking class and learned how to make Poulet d'Angevine and Crepe Suzette. It was a pretty good time!! The chicken dish has mushrooms, onions, shallots, and a white wine cream sauce. It was yummy! I can't wait to make it back home for my family and friends of course. The crepes too were really easy to make! The hardest part though is getting them thin and even in the pan. That takes practice but since I love crepes so much I'm sure that I can practice whenever I want and people won't complain. With the crepes we made orange cointreau butter. mmm.. soo yummy.

Tuesday was our Soiree International at the Catho. A bunch of students performed various dances and skits and music. A few kids from the states did a two step and it was really fun to see friends up on the stage performing. I invited Quentin (the 15 year old in the french family) to go with me. I seriously want him to be my best friend. He is adorable!!! But i think he really enjoyed it and it was so much fun to go with him.

So I go home in about 2 and a half weeks. Thats crazy... the time has gone by so fast and i feel like my french has improved so much. It will be weird to return to the states and not speak french. I've gotten so used to being bilingual on a daily basis. Its a great feeling to know I have improved so much. I know that I'm going to be sad to leave my french family. They have been so amazing to me, and I know that I'm going to try to keep in touch with them.

More updates upon my return from Romania!

No comments:

Post a Comment