Tuesday, May 5, 2009

First 3 day weekend


Last weekend was French Labor day so we had a three day weekend. I was really glad that I decided to stay in Angers. It was fun to see all the people in the streets for the Manifestations. (They are the rallies that people gather in the streets to make lots of noise and have flags and all that stuff, but they are peacefully. Different from the strikes) but they are so interesting to see since we don't have anything like that back in the states. Everyone was just friendly and they all had these flowers. I wish I would have gotten the name of them.

After that I pretty must stayed around the house and did homework and cleaned my room until Piper and I went out for a few pints of Guinness, and proceeded to be disappointed by them because they were not nearly as good as in Ireland.

Saturday was probably my favorite day of last weekend. Piper and I went to the Market in the morning and bought lots of fresh fruits and veggies and we bought some fresh chicken and made a fantastic dinner later that night. With chocolate and mixed berry crepes for dessert! mmm yummy!

The afternoon was spent laying at the lake, well practically. I got a little lazy from already walking 45 minutes so I just layed down at the side of the river. It was so pretty and peaceful. I tried to work on my tan but no idea if it did anything. I have tan lines so i'm trying to get rid of those.

Then after dinner, Piper and I went to see "Coco Avant Chanel". It was a really good film! I didn't understand all of the dialogue but I understood the plot and what happened!!

So this upcoming week should be fun. AKA my birthday is in 3 days!!! I'm super excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment